Family history source materials
- Blickensderfer / Blickenstaff / Blick / Pleak Families Descendants of Hans Jakob Blickensdoerfer (c. 1690 to 1735-1738). Compiled by: Maxine L. (Runkle) Blickenstaff, Mary F. Mickey, and Mary M. (Meyers) Williams, 15 January 1991
- Text of one of the main source books on the early Blickensderfer family by Jacob Blickensderfer (1816-1899).
- Information about Hans Jakob Blickensdoerfer and the early clan (courtesy Gameo.org).
- Information about the Kohlhof region, source of the Blickensdoerfers (courtesy Gameo.org).
- A narrative about a "lost" group of Plakes that so far I cannot connect to the main Blickensderfer line.
- Scrapbook of the Ross and Brand Families
- The Lester family of Floyd County and Montgomery County, Virginia, by Marguerite Tise
- Some artwork by a young Omar J. Wilson, circa 1910.
- Some artwork by Jennifer Jean Raven
Non-genealogy pages on this site
Third-party sites with my genealogy information
The best third-party source of this research is GendexNetwork.org. It’s a relatively small site, though, so you may not find many others working on these same family histories.
I posted my GEDCOM on MyHeritage and WikiTree many years ago, but each of these is miserable to use, in my humble opinion. Still, the (old) information is there, if you prefer these sites for whatever reason, such as finding others working on the same (and related) family histories.
If you want an even slower experience with even older data, try Gencircles.
Other genealogy websites of interest
- Phyllis Blickensderfer has submitted a lot of information to Rootsweb.com.
- Another good site that looks at the early Blickensderfer clan.
- The Schröder & Fülling GbR website -- genealogy researchers in Germany
- Subscribe to the Blickenstaff group on Yahoo!
- Search for Blickensderfer genealogy sites using MSN Search.
- Search for Blickensderfer genealogy sites using Google.
- Find A Grave
Links to the tools used to organize and present this information
- The materials for this website and all web pages are constructed using a Macintosh computer running the advanced Unix-based OS X operating system from Apple.
- To keep track of the genealogical data that forms the basis for these web pages, I use Reunion from Leister Productions.
- To create the auxiliary web pages for the site, I use BBEdit from Bare Bones Software, as well as Dreamweaver from Adobe Software.
- To upload the auxiliary pages, I use Fetch.
- For a touch of style (and a bit of mobile-device goodness), I use Bootstrap.
- Bootstrap comes to you courtesy of BootstrapCDN.